Are you going to watch the Rugby World Cup on TV?

@polaris77 (2040)
Bacau, Romania
September 9, 2011 11:10am CST
It's no doubt that the sporting event of the autumn is the seventh edition of the Rugby World Cup;I've just read somewhere that this is in fact the third major sporting competition worldwide in terms of audiences after the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup.Taking this fact into consideration,I suppose there are at least a few mylotters interested in this tough and at the same time complex game,so I'm curious to hear who is going to watch this competition and what their favorite teams are in the quest for the supreme trophy.My first option is New Zealand,which has only won the trophy once,and I think they will do their best to become world champions again in front of their fans,and,of course,I hope Romania will do a nice figure,although it's in an extremely difficult group with three powers of Rugby:England,Scotland and Argentina.I am curious to see what your preferences are for this exciting tournament.
1 person likes this
4 responses
@bluesa (15022)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
20 Sep 15
Yes, I will be watching the Rugby World Cup on tv. I support the Springboks from South Africa. We have won the World Cup twice, I am happy to say, though we were part of a shock defeat when Japan beat us in our opening match. I can only hope we recover. Good luck to your Romania.
@polaris77 (2040)
• Bacau, Romania
26 Sep 15
Thanks and I am glad someone replied to this discussion I posted four years ago during the previous World Cup. I think this edition will be the best ever and I wish the South African team good luck in their quest for a place in the quarter finals. I see that they have recovered after the shock defeat against Japan and won comfortably against Samoa. Anyway, it's been a very interesting World Cup so far!
1 person likes this
@bluesa (15022)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
26 Sep 15
@polaris77 , I feel better after the win tonight :-). I wish Romania luck this year too.
@oldchem1 (8132)
9 Sep 11
I doubt that I'll have a lot of choice in the matter, my son is obsessed with it!! I am hoping that England manage to be victorious again this year and show the English football team how a REAL team play for their country!!
@polaris77 (2040)
• Bacau, Romania
9 Sep 11
England is certainly one of the strong favorites to win the world title and I wish them luck,I just hope they won't beat Romania at a huge score!
@oldchem1 (8132)
9 Sep 11
Ah, I guess that you're from Romania!! Good luck!
@Nelster (16)
12 Sep 11
Good to see some rugby supporters in here - and even more so from the supposed 'little' nations. I agree with many that New Zealand must be favourites (see my own discussion post) but you never know ! I'm really pleased to see the likes of Romania, Japan and USA putting up not just a brave display but some great rugby, the best thing of all to come out of this World Cup could be the development of the game into more and more regions and the expansion of the game globally, now that would be fantastic.
@polaris77 (2040)
• Bacau, Romania
12 Sep 11
Luckily rugby seems to gain more and more fans in countries which don't have a big tradition in this game,and this only can help the game extend and gain new followers in less expected places.It's great to see that this game gradually becomes more and more appreciated.
@didi13 (2926)
• Romania
11 Sep 11
At this point I am proud to be Romanian. Romania national rugby team started the World Cup tournament in New Zealand in the match with Scotland, the band that caught the quarterfinals in all previous editions of the World Cup, making a sensational game, escaping through your fingers, over the past five minutes a victory that would have deserved it! Bravo, "oaks" for the game provided. Worldwide to analyze our game and congratulated the great rugby commentators. I lost heads up, and maybe with a bit more concentration we have won. In the second half my blood grew as never happened before, shaking with joy. Thank you so much, and keep up the good work! Regardless of the outcome, new national team rugby fans, we will support all the way! New Zealand will probably win, but I think two other favorites of the Rugby World Cup as France and England, which started with the right, managed to secure victories in matches with Japan, Argentina, respectively.
@polaris77 (2040)
• Bacau, Romania
12 Sep 11
Yes,Romania played much better than our expectations against Scotland!I hope they will do the same in the next matches.